Viewing in VLC

Hi Everybody, I hope this finds you all well.

Does anybody know if it is possible, in Debian, to ‘pipe’ the output of MotionBox to view it in VLC?

Regards

daveA

That’s not possible right now. But I’m open to contributions.

Supposedly since MotionBox uses libVLC you shouldn’t need that for classic playback.

Hi bunjee,

Thanks for your reply. I don’t have the skill to be able to contribute I’m afraid, sorry. The reason I would like to view in vlc is to be able to use a different renderer, such as a television in another part of the house, for example. If that’s not possible then no problem I’ll stick to using it as is.

Thanks for a great program.

Regards

daveA

Hi bunjee I hope you are well in the current times. My original request in this ‘subject’ was to be able to, via vlc, render on another device. Lo and behold what do I find on the latest update but the ability to do just that. Thank you so much, you’ve turned an excellent program into a stupendous one. Thanks again.

Regrads

daveA

1 Like

To be fair, it’s Chromecast support and does not work for everything. But thank you for your kind words.

I’ll be working on something new that actually improves this situation in the future.

Also, feedback like yours is fairly rare and heartwarming. Cheers to you my good man :beer:

I’ve got a Sony tv with Chromecast built in and it works really well.

Yes, you just can’t please some people.

Thanks again

Regards

daveA

Hi @bunjee

Again, thank you for this good project (I’ve noticed that 1 bug that was very impacting me on Ubuntu is fixed in the version 1.8.0, so I’m even more happy)!

1.8.0 comes with the Chromecast feature. Unfortunately I don’t have any Chromecast because I don’t have TV so I could not test it…

Do you remember our discussion regarding a theater mode for multi-monitors configuration ?

Do you think it would be possible to add a button somewhere here (see screenshot) that just opens a clone of the main video to an external VLC window ?

Is this “theater mode” scheduled in your roadmap ?

sorry if I may be insistant sometimes… :wink:

1 Like

Yes that’s a good idea. That’s not entirely my priority at the moment but I would like to have something along those lines at one point.

What was the bug exactly ?

It was a problem with a third party library. I cannot find/remember the ticket, but I’m sure I’ve already seen some people complaining about this problem either on the forum here or issue on github.

1 Like